CNC Lathe Operator
An exciting time to join a fast-growing company where opportunities have arisen for CNC Lathe Operators working within the machine shop.
CNC turning centre programmer/operator with good knowledge of Mazatrol and/or Fanuc controls. The Individual will be responsible for programming, setting, and operating the CNC lathes. The production operative will work safely on several machines or processes and will be expected to meet set production and quality targets on a daily basis.
• Candidate should be able to demonstrate at least 3 years’ experience in programming, setting and operating CNC lathes in a fast-paced production environment. Programming is done directly on the machines by the operator.
• Candidates should be able to program, setup and machine a range of features on parts such as tapers, spiral grooves, chamfers, and radii to name a few. They should have the ability to consider methods to setup and clamp parts to achieve desired features.
• They should be familiar with setting and operating bar feeders and selecting the correct tooling to machine required features.
• Knowledge of machining composite materials (desirable). The parts will generally be machined from composite materials produced by the Diamorph group. These materials will all be machined using extraction or LEV (Local Exhaust Ventilation) and cannot be cut with coolant.
• Operators self-inspect their work with operation First Off’s having a secondary inspection performed by a fellow operator before being signed off. As such, it is expected that skilled operators will be confident in the use of standard hand-held inspection equipment with knowledge of CMM and Shadowgraph use considered an advantage.
• Experience of working in a target driven production environment.
• Furthermore, as skilled machinists it is expected that they will be able to read and interpret engineering drawings with a good understanding of the related G,D & T symbols and how they apply to the part.
This Job is subject to Security clearances
• Ensure any activities you carry out are done with Health and Safety criteria at the forefront – i.e ensure Safe Working Procedures, Risk Assessments and Lock out/Tag Out procedures are read and understood before operating any equipment on site.
• Raise any performance or H&S issues immediately with the shift leader or supervisor.
• Meet production and quality criteria on a daily basis.
• Ensure documentation is completed fully and accurately when performing any duties on the shop floor.
• Carry out quality checks on products and record the information accurately.
• Make suggestions on how to improve the processes in relation to production quality or manufacturing time.
• Maintain a high level of housekeeping standards in any area you operate
• Assist in training and mentoring new operatives and apprentices in that cell
• To carry out additional reasonable duties as required by business needs.
Skills & Abilities
Good communication and numeracy skills and can be proactive and flexible.
• 26 days of annual leave
• 3% Employer Pension Contribution
• Income protection scheme and Private medical cover
• Cycle to work scheme