An exciting time to join a fast-growing company where opportunities have arisen for CNC Millers working within the machine shop. CNC machining centre setter/operator preferably with good knowledge of Haas controls (not essential).
The Individual will be responsible for setting and operating the CNC machining centres and editing programs if required. The production operative will work safely on several machines or processes and will be expected to meet set production and quality targets.
• Candidate should be able to demonstrate at least 3 years’ experience in setting and operating CNC machining centres in a fast-paced production environment. Programming is primarily done offline so operators should only need to perform basic editing functions from time to time.
• Candidates from a manual milling background looking to make a change to CNC machining will also be considered. Training will be provided internally and through external courses.
• Candidates will be responsible for setting and operating machines based on standard setting sheets linked to each job and ensuring all parts conform to drawing and instructions.
• Knowledge of setting and operating 4 and 5 axis trunnions will be highly advantageous as will
setting and operating CNC routers.
• Knowledge of machining composite materials (desirable). The parts will generally be machined from composite materials produced by the Diamorph group. These materials will all be machined using extraction or LEV (Local Exhaust Ventilation) and cannot be cut with coolant.
• Operators self-inspect their work with operation First Off’s having a secondary inspection performed by a fellow operator before being signed off. As such, it is expected that skilled operators will be confident in the use of standard hand-held inspection equipment with knowledge of CMM and Shadowgraph use considered an advantage.
• Experience of working in a target driven production environment.
• Furthermore, as skilled machinists it is expected that they will be able to read and interpret engineering drawings with a good understanding of the related G,D & T symbols and how they apply to the part.
• Ensure any activities you carry out are done with Health and Safety criteria at the forefront – i.e ensure Safe Working Procedures, Risk Assessments and Lock out/Tag Out procedures are read and understood before operating any equipment on site.
• Raise any performance or H&S issues immediately with the shift leader or supervisor.
• Meet production and quality criteria on a daily basis.
• Ensure documentation is completed fully and accurately when performing any duties on the shop floor.
• Carry out quality checks on products and record the information accurately.
• Make suggestions on how to improve the processes in relation to production quality or manufacturing time.
• Maintain a high level of housekeeping standards in any area you operate
• Assist in training and mentoring new operatives and apprentices in that cell
• To carry out additional reasonable duties as required by business needs.
Skills & Abilities
Good communication and numeracy skills and can be proactive and flexible.
• 26 days of annual leave
• 3% Employer Pension Contribution
• Income protection scheme and Private medical cover
• Cycle to work scheme