Responsibilities of the Lab Technician:
• Perform tests in accordance with appropriate international test standards and customer specifications. These may include but are not limited to tensile, flexural, compression and fire tests.
• Interpret customer requirements and specifications and assist in the analysis of materials, processes and equipment.
• Independently and accurately complete tests.
• Write detailed reports of results of tests performed to customer requirements or industry standard and actively participate in the quality of the test results.
• Generate and control, release and distribution of test results and reports for material tests.
• Responsible for the upkeep of the laboratory and equipment to a high standard and manage laboratory assets/ equipment.
• Responsible for setting the servicing and calibration schedules for the laboratory equipment.
• Constructs and maintains various test fixtures and other laboratory equipment to ensure proper working order.
• Proactively ensure that all samples required for QC assessments are delivered in a timely manner to ensure monthly sales targets are met.
• Support the preparation of samples for composite testing.
• Participates in test development, assists in routine analysis of failed parts and processes, generate data to aid in the evaluation of the failure mechanism and documents findings.
• Actively participate in continuous improvements of products to maintain or improve quality.
Required skills/qualification of the Lab Technician:
• Minimum of HNC/HND is required for this role in a materials engineering or science related discipline.
• Experience of mechanical testing preferably of polymers and composites.
• Fundamental knowledge of materials.
• An ability to effectively handle multiple priorities, meet deadlines and manage time independently; must maintain top level professional integrity.
In exchange we offer:
• 26 days of annual leave
• 3% Employer Pension Contribution
• Income protection scheme and Private medical cover
• Cycle to work scheme
• 8 hour shift
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday