An exciting time to join a fast-growing company where opportunities have arisen for Manual Millers working within the machine shop. Skilled conventional miller required to work on a variety of production machinery. While the role is primarily to set and run turret and bed mills, experience on centre lathes is also beneficial. Knowledge of using Prototrak controls will be advantageous. The production operative will work safely on a number of machines or processes and will be expected to meet set production and quality targets on a daily basis.
• 26 days of annual leave
• 3% Employer Pension Contribution
• Income protection scheme and Private medical cover
• Cycle to work scheme
• Manual Millers should have a formal apprentice qualitification with ideally 3-5 years experience of working in a production environment, or 5-7 years of working on a manual milling machine (turret mills or bed mills) in a production environment.
• Ability to setup and machine a range of features on parts such as tapers, slots, radiused grooves to name a few. Be able to consider methods to setup and clamp parts to achieve desired features.
• Must be confident in their abilities to calculate angles, radii to meet customer drawing features.Ability to design and where necessary make tooling to aid in the machining of specific features will be highly advantageous.
• Knowledge of machining composite materials (desirable).
• Setting and operating radial arm drills and pedestal drills is also required.
• Manual Millers self-inspect their work with operation First Off’s having a secondary inspection performed by a fellow operator before being signed off. As such, it is expected that skilled operators will be confident in the use of standard hand-held inspection equipment with knowledge of CMM and Shadowgraph use considered an advantage.
• Experience of working in a target driven production environment.
• It will be the Manual Millers responsibility to be able to read and interpret engineering drawings with a good understanding of the related G, D & T symbols and how they apply to the part.
This Job is subject to Security clearances
Ensure any activities you carry out are done with Health and Safety criteria at the forefront. Maintain and Meet production and quality criteria daily, whilst ensuring documentation is completed accurately.
Skills & Abilities
Good communication and numeracy skills and can be proactive and flexible.