Reporting to: Technical Director
The Development Engineer will manage the delivery of engineering projects within the Composite products business unit, this will include solution development, preparation of enquiry responses, de-risking activities, validation activities, product ionisation, development projects and improvement projects. The role will require project ownership from conception through to production.
The team member will become the business expert for assigned projects and work as part of a wider team of specialists, offering task management and expertise in the field of composite engineering projects. This role will contribute to exciting, civilian & military industry projects.
Development Engineer responsibilities include:
· Lead the delivery of engineering projects including enquiry responses & development projects.
· Manage the development of new products and processes.
· Specification & execution of test programs for development and validation of new products
· Supporting the business development team with on-site visits, customer calls and event attendance
· Acting as a point of contact for suppliers, customers, sister sites and internal departments
· Become the technical expert in the business for assigned projects.
· Definition of internal and external test programs to enable characterisation of new grades.
· Occasional UK travel likely, infrequent overseas travel possible.
Key skills and Attributes:
• Qualified in a relevant engineering discipline.
• Awareness of material science and engineering principles.
• Well organised and comfortable completing multiple projects concurrently.
• Experience in technical writing of reports.
• Experience of preparing technical summaries, proposals and presentations desirable.
• Experience in a similar role desirable.
• Familiarity with composite materials desirable.
• Excellent attention to detail and enjoy working in a procedure driven environment.