Solutions for Energy
Permali has a global reputation and as a manufacturer and supplier of innovative advanced material solutions used in demanding environments for a wide variety of protection and safety critical applications in the rail, automotive, aerospace, defence, industrial and energy sectors.
The company uses its extensive materials expertise and processing capabilities to produce a wide range of glass and aramid fibre reinforced standard and bespoke Permaglass® composite sheet materials and moulded parts.
All Permaglass® sheet grades are manufactured in-house, formulated to meet specific performance and regulatory standards, including fire and electrical insulation. The Permaglass® FRP sheet range offers alternative advanced material solutions to asbestos.
Composites Solutions for Energy
Permali customers in the energy sector have benefited from the high performance capabilities of proven Permaglass® electrical insulation grades, which are also used in the electric locomotives.
- Permaglass® MER20 & MER35 sheet grades offer halogen-free, fire retardant electrical insulation and resistance against arcing and tracking, with excellent mechanical properties, thermal insulation and easy machinability. Proven energy applications include arc boxes and insulation protection barriers for AC electric power units and generators.
- Permaglass® 22FE materials are a range of standard fine weave glass epoxy laminates, which can be precision CNC machined to produce electrical insulation components.
Product Features & Benefits
- High mechanical strength, high modulus FRP composite sheet material
- Meet stringent building, road and rail infrastructure fire safety standards
- Halogen free thermoset resins formulations
- Outstanding electrical insulation and arcing/tracking resistance
- Thermal insulation
- Chemical resistance
- Easy to machine
Tuftane® TPU Films for Personal Protection Equipment
Tuftane® thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) films are flexible and elastomeric with outstanding abrasion wear, tear strength and puncture resistance, along with outstanding environmental resistance to gases, ozone, water, oil and chemicals.
Tuftane® TPU films can be clear, translucent or a solid opaque colour, used with textile and flexible materials as laminating films, transparent membranes, fabric protective liners and barrier films. This makes them excellent, tough, thin film material solutions, used extensively in medical and industrial personal protection equipment (PPE).
For more than 10 years, Permali has supplied specially formulated highly durable, fire resistant Tuftane® TPU film grades for manufacturers of high performance PPE equipment used in the nuclear industry including:
- Gloves, headwear and safety boots
- Coveralls and airtight body suits
- High visibility transparent protection hoods
- Emergency escape hood breathing apparatus
Tuftane® Film Production Capabilities
Tuftane® TPU films are blended and blown film extruded in-house in film gauges from 25 microns (0.025 mm) to 750 microns (0.75 mm). Permali has slitting and rewinding facilities to supply films to order in roll widths and length, to optimise productivity and minimise scrap.