Solutions for Textiles
Permali formulates and manufactures a wide range of Tuftane® thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) films based on either polyester or polyether aromatic PU polymer technologies.
Leading manufacturers rely on Tuftane® films to improve the performance of all types of textiles and technical fabrics used in products which provide comfort, safety or protection.
Tuftane® TPU films are available in over 30 standard grades with a wide choice of flexibility, softness, durability, tear strength and elasticity. Permali also formulates bespoke solutions with specialty additives to provide specific product attributes and performance criteria. Tuftane® TPU films can be made firm and stiff, or soft, flexible and easily drapable. This makes them ideal for use in industrial, healthcare, commercial and consumer products, as backing materials for outerwear apparel specialty fabrics, textiles and conformable materials. Tuftane® films are proven to withstand industrial washing cycles and dry cleaning.
Tuftane® TPU products are used as laminating films, waterproof and breathable membranes, protective liners, barrier films, transparent bags, inflatable bladders and many other applications. Flexibility and elasticity is combined with excellent abrasion wear, tear strength and puncture resistance, even at low temperatures, as well providing outstanding environmental resistance to gases, ozone, water, oil and chemicals.
For manufacturers of medical equipment and healthcare products, specially formulated Tuftane® TPU film grades have been developed using additives to combine biocompatibility with excellent resistance to the growth of fungi and bacteria.
All Tuftane® TPU films are blended and blown film extruded in-house by Permali, slit to width and rewound in roll lengths to optimise productivity and minimise scrap, providing customers with cost effective standard and bespoke solutions.
Product Features & Benefits
- Clear, translucent or opaque, tinted or solid colour matched film options, as required
- Film thickness from 25 microns (0.025 mm) to 750 microns (0.75 mm)
- Roll widths from 50mm, supplied up to 1600mm (@ 25 microns) and 900mm (@750 microns)
- Choice of film hardness (82 – 95 Shore A), elongation up to 800% to suit specific applications needs
- High strength, high elasticity grades, with elastic recovery up to 650%
- Excellent abrasion wear, tear strength and puncture resistance, even at low temperatures
- Formulations with specialty additives e.g. fire retardancy, anti-static, anti-microbial
- Can be used as a holt melt adhesive to bond dissimilar materials
- Flexible, highly drapable grade options for apparel, soft furnishing and decorative textiles
- Grades for producing gas/liquid impermeable, waterproof and breathable membranes
- Soft to the touch, comfortable and able to conform to body shapes
- Automatic machine washable or can be industrially dry cleaned
- Processable using traditional plastic/rubber material combining, converting, and finishing methods
Textiles & Flexible Material Applications
Tuftane® TPU films products are used in numerous textiles and flexible material applications including:
- Labels, emblems backing and adhesive
- Application of logos, numerals and letters for T-shirts and sportswear
- Laminate to fabric for wallcovering, or decorative furniture
- Industrial aprons, protective overwear, hospital gowns and gloves
- Holt melt adhesives to combine dissimilar materials
- Healthcare, commercial and domestic mattress covers
- Fabric reinforcement
- Splicing & laminating conveyor belting materials
- Decorative wallcovering & furniture fabric laminate
- Material laminate for thermal insulation
- Pressure sensitive tapes for fabric bonding instead of sewing
- Parachute materials
- Hatbands, raincoats and umbrellas
- Foul weather clothing
- Yacht sail laminates
- Tent laminate
- Helmet and skip boot liners
- Outdoor furniture fabrics, pads and covers
- Tablecloth laminate
- Commercial & domestic furnishings upholstery laminate
- Elastic tapes for underwear & wet weather garments
- Zipper reinforcements
- Pocket/patch reinforcement
- Liners for fleece & down padded gilets/vests and jackets
- Shower curtains
- Infant wear
- Inflatable sleeping bags
01.Badges, Labels & Emblems
Tuftane TPU films used as a hot melt adhesive film are ideal for heat bonding identification emblems and labels to fabric, which can cope with industrial washing detergents. The flexibility of the Tuftane film maintains the performance of light weight fabrics over large surface areas for even the most demanding applications. Emblem can be removed by heat.
02.Performance Clothing Solutions
Thin gauge Tuftane TPU films, used as membranes within a system of fabrics, can help manufactures offer lighter, more comfortable technically advanced garments with value added benefits including: improved weather protection; greater durability; less noise/static; more breathable; suitable for automatic washing machine or industrial dry cleaning.
Tuftane TPU films slit into thin tapes are used to provide strength, elasticity, and stiffness in conventional clothing areas such as bra straps and waist lines. Increasingly technical sports clothing uses elastic reinforcement in strategic locations to improve performance and conformity with the body. Tuftane elastic tapes are also extensively used for providing weatherproof seam seals for tents, rainwear, bags, and protective covers.