TufShield® PU Coating Systems
Permali specialises in sprayed elastomeric polyurethane and polyurea coatings, which provide outstanding protection and durability to the surface of almost any material.
TufShield® PU coatings are a fast, low-cost method for significantly enhancing the performance and working life of components used in the most demanding of environments, including automotive, air and land defence.
High performance, customised polyurethane and polyurea coatings are designed to create a protective skin, robustly boosting surface resilience and durability of materials, often prior to painting.
TufShield® PU coatings can be sprayed between 0.5mm to 25mm thick to support the integrity of the parent composite component. The added protective layer leaves a material’s surface more shielded against impact, erosion and wear in testing environments such as naval fleet hulls, or aircraft carrier decks.
Key Features and Benefits
- Impact protection, erosion and wear and tear resistance ensures the integrity of the component is maintained
- Offers corrosion resistance and protection from a range of corrosive substances including petrochemicals, acids, bases, water, UV and ozone
- Excellent adhesion to surfaces
- Can be pigmented to suit colour preferences
- No tooling, minimal surface preparation and a fast cure cycle means a fast, efficient turnaround.
- Chemical Resistance thanks to the spray’s chemical barrier properties.
- Reduced noise transmission
Markets & Applications
Permali’s industry-leading Tufshield® PU coatings are expertly designed for high technical performance across a range of advancing markets and their demands, adapting protective surface solutions for more sophisticated applications.
General applications include but are not limited to:
Defence Sector – Military Armour Applications
- Permali can apply a specialty self-sealing outer protection layer to fuel tank systems for military combat vehicles; the BattleJacket® Fuel Cell Containment System is a revolutionary self-sealing system designed to minimise or prevent leakage from fuel tanks when subjected to penetrated by projectiles; the thickness of coating can be varied to meet specific ballistic threat levels.
- Permali’s Permaglass® spall liner grades with fire retardant additives and insulation are sprayed and coated on the surface with TufShield® TM elastomeric PU for an additional protective membrane that is both specially chemically resistant and highly durable.
To comply with highly technical specification for extreme environmental resistance, Permali manufactures TufShield® PU Coating Systems with impact protection and various grades of resistance to chemical, UV and erosion.
TufShield® elastomeric PU coating systems can improve the following properties:
- Specific Gravity
- Ultimate Elongation
- Tensile Strength
- Tear Strength
- Wear Resistance
- Temperature Resistance