Permali Gloucester part of the Diamorph Group is currently looking to recruit a Sales Engineer to join their busy sales team at their Gloucester Site.
Reporting to: Director of Sales & Marketing
Working Days: Monday to Friday (Office Hours)
The Sales Engineer is primarily responsible for increasing sales and delivering business growth at acceptable margins through working closely with existing and new customers at a technical level across a wide range of industries to develop existing revenues and develop new revenues.
SALES ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Execute on business sales strategy to achieve growth targets and prepare sales reports demonstrating pipeline of opportunities through company CRM tools.
- Identify new product opportunities suitable for Permali’s extensive production capabilities and contribute to the growth of the business in a range of engineering sectors.
- Managing and retaining relationships with existing clients, while building client base.
- Identify new product development opportunities for composite and polymer solutions in new market sectors.
- Attend and exhibit/present at industry conferences, exhibitions, and events.
- Identify and research new market sectors with profitable income streams.
- Create contacts up to the highest level of decision making, working from new leads through different levels of an organisation’s hierarchy.
- Drafting and reviewing contracts.
- Technical liaison between Permali and the client on new enquiries, understanding/interpreting the customers’ requirements and delivering competitive technical and commercial proposals.
- Quickly develop an in-depth knowledge of bespoke composite products and the associated value proposition as and when required.
- Developing growth strategies and plans, by building on success and identifying areas which need improvement.
- Support the project management team to assist smooth introduction of new contracts/products into and through production, aligned to client delivery and quality requirements.
- The role will require UK and International business travel.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with the sales and marketing team, demonstrating a drive to succeed, leadership qualities and a positive, dynamic work ethic.
- Contribute where required to the budgeting and strategic planning process, reporting regularly on risks/gains to performance against budget.
- Work with Marketing to ensure optimisation and updating of web site as a sales tool, looking for opportunities to announce sector relevant case studies / press releases / announcements, to help drive traffic and increase awareness of Permali.
SPECIFIC GOALS AND TARGETS
- Plan and achieve sustained business sales growth to specific £k order intake goals as determined by the company.
- Develop new sales revenue from at least one new product each year to specific goals as identified by the company.
- Achieve contribution margin targets on sales prices as specified by the company.
- Identify three new viable product development opportunities for review every 3 months.
- Work with Marketing to develop new marketing campaigns for new sectors and product to support new business order intake and new client acquisition targets.
- Target one campaign per quarter.
- Fully support and update the company CRM system to always provide up to date real time pipeline status in line with company guidelines & requirements.
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent in engineering.
- Minimum 3 years B2B sales experience, preferably in manufacturing/engineering sectors.
- Strong track record of account management, closing deals, and achieving sales targets.
- Proven ability to negotiate.
- Experience of working to and exceeding targets.
- Knowledge of composite and/or polymer materials desirable but not essential.
- The ability to self-motivate and motivate a team.
- Excellent organisational skills and demonstrated business judgment.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Good computer skills with experience of using the MS Office suite.
- Experienced at using CRM systems.
- Ability to communicate information, whether technical or non-technical to staff members and customers, in a clear and concise manner.
- Confident, proactive, self-starter and enthusiastic self-learner.
- Valid UK driving licence.
- 26 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Standard Employer Pension Contribution
- Income protection scheme
- Private medical cover (After 6 months of employment)
- Cycle to work scheme.
This Job is subject to Security Clearances.
The Diamorph Group
Permali Gloucester Limited is part of the Diamorph Group Composite & Materials business unit.
The Diamorph Group consists of brands that are well known for their material science innovation and proven performance in arduous real-life situations, as well as in-house manufacturing and R&D.
The Diamorph Group engages in development, manufacturing and sales of high-performance products:
- Composite and Polymer Materials
- High Temperature Solutions
- Passive Fire Protection
Diamorph actively seeks deep niches in larger markets where we can use our advanced materials knowledge, technological innovations and science to create differentiated products with extreme performance.
The company operates globally with more than 61% of its revenue outside the UK & Ireland. Diamorph serves customers worldwide, with sales offices across Europe, North America & Australasia.